Sunday 20 June 2010

Today.... I was disciplined.

Ok. Shall we begin? Before you all start making wild assumptions this is not going to be about some crazy sexual exploit ...yes I know how unfortunately dull of me. No, today we are talking about lateness. And what exactly constitutes lateness, because as far as I know being two minutes late was never call for serious action on the part of the evil powers that be...apparently I was very wrong.
Last Sunday went a bit like this for me:
I got up etc blabla bla and made my way to my place of work which happens to be a supermarket (pause for applause...no? ok) I admit I was running ever so slightly late but no biggie...oh.no wait. Apparently it is. On arriving at the checkouts I was met by one of the managers:
*shows me watch*
Manager: ‘what time is it Eleanor’
Me: ‘eerrmm.... ‘11.02’
Manager...*stare of death’
Me: sorry I’m late
About half an hour later I’m sent upstairs and guess what...I’m served a fucking disciplinary for being two minutes late ...I mean come OONNN!! Really? Are we really gonna do this?? Well, yes. Yes we are because today...on this noble Saturday. I was promptly disciplined. Yes you read it right, a date was set , tears were shed, tables overturned. (ok that didn’t really happen but i need to make this sound dramatic). And i am up for review in July. Aside from the fact that i am leaving in august so none of this is very important, they seemed to have completely neglected that fact that i (being an insomniac) don’t really have the energy to care and even when being served with the most UNJUST treatment will probably just yawn and ask what day it is. (don’t judge, my apathy is my only strength), well the following Tuesday i was handed a lovely green slip of paper with my review date on it and that was that. I mean i was expecting two burly security type guys to slap me across the face with a wad of printing paper and tell me ‘you’ve been served’, but apparently i will be granted no such show.
They truly did show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment