Tuesday 22 June 2010

Apparently it’s no longer acceptable to give children cardboard boxes as gifts....not even painted ones


My 10 year old brother has a mobile phone. And not just any mobile phone no no no no no...He has a brand spanking new nokia E-series with a contract...10!!! Well excuse me but at 10 the best I could expect was one of those dear diaries which was basically a calculator that used letters, had poor memory and a dysfunctional password setting. THAT my friends was the pinnacle of modern technology when I was 10. I was a tool with that gizmo...I totally had more than two friends for like three months due to that transparent pink diary calculator. Now it’s all blackberry’s and wii’s (which are pretty awesome I know but stfu I’m tryna make a point here) and iron man games which cost 100 big ones and mean your big sister can’t pay the bills for 6 months prior and is confined to a gulag in Siberia to pay her debts (and I’m only exaggerating a little bit). No I think kids should all be made to make their own fun, there is nothing wrong with climbing trees, making ‘poison’ and ‘spells’ out of household cleaning products and turning the living room table upside down to make a boat. Since when was it acceptable for a child to own something that cost you more than your months’ rent. Okay maybe I’m being harsh but whatever, all I know is that when I was younger I came home every day with a new abrasion not a new electrical gadget that cost a few hundred and designer clothes. Bitter? Me? Maybe a little.


I know, I know how can i not give in to his tiny bespectackled face

1 comment: